As part of the Assets and Business Services department Tristan acts for a wide range of small and medium size enterprises, as well a number of high net worth individuals.
He frequently advises clients in relation to regulatory matters, company law, commercial property transactions as well as employment law and complex litigation.
Tristan undertakes many areas of commercial disputes but has a key interest in construction and building disputes, having acted for numerous clients (both as Claimant and Defendant) in relation to final account and negligence disputes before the courts as well as the Arbitration Tribunal.
Tristan is also head of the Regulatory team which advises and represents bailiffs, dentists, doctors, solicitors and pharmacists in relation to disciplinary investigations and proceedings. Recent regulatory cases include:
- a successful finding of “no impairment to practice” for a GP following a week long GMC hearing;
- the successful conclusion of several investigations with no further action being taken against the pharmacists in question;
- the successful withdrawal of proceedings against a pharmacist for the alleged breach of a Wholesale Distributor License.
As part of the Property Management team who advise Right to Manage and Property Management Companies on all matters relating to their contractual and statutory obligation, Tristan is frequently required to attend board meetings and AGM’s so as to assist director’s and other stakeholders in the smooth running of what are often complex mix-used commercial developments.
- Advising an insurance intermediary in a multi-million pound claim for breach of contract, breach of trust and fraud;
- Advising on the disposal of development land with a value of £11.5m;
- Advising on the sale of various companies and commercial interests involving assets values in excess of £25m
- Advising a client in a successful £250k professional negligence claim against his former solicitors.
- Advising a senior bank employee in relation to a claim for unfair dismissal resulting in a six figure settlement.
- Advising a commercial tenant in relation to a Landlord’s unreasonably withheld consent to sublet.
- Advising a client in relation to the restoration of a company subject to a compulsory liquidation order.
- Representing a prominent figure in his successful defence of a claim for defamation.
- Successful claim against the former Property Managing Agents for a large Cardiff Development resulting in substantive settlement.
I first approached a large established firm in Cardiff who said there was no basis to proceed… Tristan identified irregularities that nobody else had spotted resulting in a successful recovery (2012).
I would like to congratulate Tristan for completely outclassing the first law firm that I approached (2012).
Rugby (plays for Cardiff Lawyers XV), cars, motorsport track days, collecting guitars and signed memorabilia, wakeboarding….