- Business Sales & Purchases
- Commercial Property
- Company Law
- Professional Negligence
- Residential Conveyancing
- GPhC Investigations
- Commercial Contracts
- Director Services
As part of the Assets and Business Services department Tristan acts for a wide range of small and medium size enterprises, as well a number of high net worth individuals.
He frequently advises clients in relation to regulatory matters, company law, commercial property transactions as well as employment law and complex litigation.
Tristan is also head of the Regulatory Defence team which advises and represents bailiffs, dentists, doctors, solicitors and pharmacists in relation to disciplinary investigations and potential proceedings. Rent regulatory cases include:
- a successful finding of “no impairment to practice” for a GP following a week long GMC hearing;
- the successful conclusion of several investigations with no further action being taken against the pharmacists in question;
- the successful withdrawal of proceedings against a pharmacist for the alleged breach of a Wholesale Distributor License.
As part of his Claimant professional negligence practice Tristan has a keen interest in solicitor client disputes, in particular matters relating to costs and enforceability of retainers.
As part of the Property Management team who advise Right to Manager and Property Management Companies on all matters relating to their contractual and statutory obligation, Tristan is frequently required to attend board meetings and AGM’s so as to assist director’s and other stakeholders in the smooth running of what are often complex mix-used commercial developments.
- Advising an insurance intermediary in a multi-million pound claim for breach of contract, breach of trust and fraud.
- Advising a client in a £250k professional negligence claim against his former solicitors.
- Advising various professionals in relation to professional negligence claims with a value up to £4m.
- Advising a senior bank employee in relation to a claim for unfair dismissal resulting in a six figure settlement.
- Advising a commercial tenant in relation to a Landlord’s unreasonably withheld consent to sublet.
- Advising a client in relation to the restoration of a company subject to a compulsory liquidation order.
- Representing a prominent figure in his successful defence of a claim for defamation.
- Successful claim against the former Property Managing Agents for a large Cardiff Development resulting in substantive settlement.
I first approached a large established firm in Cardiff who said there was no basis to proceed… Tristan identified irregularities that nobody else had spotted resulting in a successful recovery (2012).
I would like to congratulate Tristan for completely outclassing the first law firm that I approached (2012).
Rugby (plays for Cardiff Lawyers XV), cars and motorsport track days, collects guitars and signed memorabilia, wakeboarding, flying.