Tim has represented families with complaints against the NHS and other health professionals at Inquests. He is experienced in representing children and patients and liaising with the Court of Protection and the Public Guardianship Office.
Tim deals with a whole range of clinical negligence cases with particular interest in catastrophic injury, birth injury and fatal accident claims.
- Referral solicitor on the AVMA Panel Since 1998.
- Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel.
- Legal Services Commission Funding Review Committee.
- Resolution Scheme for Clinical Negligence claims in Wales.
- Recently recovered £3.85M damages in claim against GP for child who suffered cerebral palsy following failure to properly advise parents regarding treatment.
- Other recent settlements include damages of £2.2M for adult with cerebral palsy who suffered further brain injury following a routine operation and damages of £2.5M for child who suffered catastrophic brain injury following cardiac arrest during surgery.
- Hutton’s has achieved a major victory in the cerebral palsy case A v Powys Local Health Board providing the client with the highest court award ever made following a contested trial: the first clinical negligence case to exceed £10m.
The ‘absolutely stellar’ Tim Musgrave leads the team. His attention to detail is second to none and he has a phenomenal success rate (Chambers UK).Hutton’s has a high-quality practice, with Tim Musgrave enjoying a strong reputation among peers and clients alike.
Tim Musgrave, who is ‘capable of dealing with anything from a relatively trivial injury to a huge multimillion-pound litigation and provides the same service to his clients at either end of this spectrum’. Recent cases have involved catastrophic birth injuries, nursing negligence leading to a stroke and a permanent bladder injury, and delayed diagnosis and treatment of cancer (Legal 500 2017).