- Collaborative Law
Gerard specialises in all aspects of Family Law including child care, divorce and ancillary relief together with co–habitation disputes, adoption and International law.
Gerard was one of the first Family lawyers in Wales to qualify as a Collaborative Lawyer to deal with Family disputes without the need for clients to attend court to resolve Family Law issues.
- Law Society Children Panel (Adult and Children’s Representative).
- Resolution Accredited Specialist in European & International Law.
- Forced Marriage Protection.
- Resolution Collaborative Law Panel.
- Solicitor-Advocate (High Courts Civil).
- Past Member of the Board of First Choice Housing Association.
- Member of the Council of the Cardiff and District Law Society.
- Part-time Member of the Judiciary.
- Acted on behalf of children in Public Law Children Act proceedings for prospective adoptees in Adoption proceedings.
- Recovered capital for family client in France in Breach of Trust action.
Acts in cases where separated parents have removed their children from the United Kingdom without authority.
- Acted in several of Wales’ first forced marriage cases.
Gerard enjoys family life, gardening, maintaining his MG car, American and Japanese literature, keeping fit and walking his dog.
Latest News & Insights:
Hutton’s Law Wins Best SME Advisory Firm South Wales (2019)Read More
Hutton’s Law secures Law Society’s conveyancing quality markRead More
Consistently recognised for ExcellenceRead More
Hutton’s wins Family Law Firm of the Year 2016Read More