Legal Services Cardiff
Equine & Animal Law
Equestrian and animal law is a specialised area of law and at Hutton’s we have been at the forefront of the developing case law. Whether you own or care for horses or other animals as a business or simply for pleasure, it is not difficult to become embroiled in a legal dispute which can be time consuming and expensive to resolve.
If you own a horse, are considering buying a horse, work with or ride horses, run kennels, breed or show animals, or are buying an animal or equine business you need to be aware that there are a large number of legal issues to think about. We can guide you safely through the process.
We have an excellent track record for successfully representing clients at court in connection with equine and canine litigation, both in the civil courts and criminal courts, with 100% success rate to date.
At Hutton’s we can advise you on a variety of specific issues including:
Preventing disputes: drawing up effective Legal Agreements for the loan, sale or purchase of horses or other animals
- Disputes relating to the sale and purchase of horses, dogs and other animals
- Disputes arising from provision of livery, or sharing ponies or other animals
- Sale of Goods Act and Trading Standards advice
- Professional negligence claims in relation to veterinary, farrier, dentist, valuer and/or trainer services
- RSPCA and welfare cases
- Liability under the Animals Act 1971
We can also help you with:
- Insurance disputes
- Personal injury – if your pony, dog or other animal has caused injury
- Conveyancing: purchase or sale of equestrian facilities
- Commercial: setting up, buying or selling Equestrian or Animal businesses, such as kennels, catteries, stables, livery yards, stud farms, racing stables, riding schools
Please contact Elen Hawkley or Clare Strowbridge
to discuss your case and find out how we may be able to help.